Applying to Columbia
Students pursuing a graduate degree in archaeology at Columbia can be found in a number of different departments. At the present time there is no interdepartmental graduate program. If you are interested in pursuing Ph.D research into an archaeological topic, please identify a potential faculty advisor or advisors, and apply to work with them through one of the departments or programs below.
- Anthropology – The Anthropology department also offers a Museum Anthropology MA degree.
- Art History and Archaeology
- Classical Studies
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Biology
- Historic Preservation (offered through GSAPP)
After identifying the correct program for your research interests, your application should be made through the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences