Applying to Columbia
Students pursuing a graduate degree in archaeology at Columbia can be found in a number of different departments. At the present time there is no interdepartmental graduate program. If you are interested in pursuing Ph.D research into an archaeological topic, please identify a potential faculty advisor or advisors, and apply to work with them through one of the departments or programs below.
- Anthropology – The Anthropology department also offers a Museum Anthropology MA degree.
- Art History and Archaeology
- Classical Studies
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Biology
- Historic Preservation (offered through GSAPP)
After identifying the correct program for your research interests, your application should be made through the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
More information on admissions may be found at the GSAS website: